Specialism / Function
Advisory (Business risk services)
Two stage interview
- End to end management of internal audit lifecycle for co-sourced and out-sourced engagements including risk assessment, planning, delivery and reporting.
- Ensure that detailed risk-based audit planning memorandum / tests to be carried out for each audit are prepared (along with key deadlines), and review the same to ensure that client expectations and overall assignment scope are established in order to achieve efficiency, where required in consultation with director/ partner.
- Compile / review working papers, RACMs (Risk and Control Matrix) and detailed reports in line with Grant Thornton International and the firm’s Quality Management Manual requirements and standards.
- Ensure high quality of work by timely and effective review and sign off of working papers / RACMs / reports prepared by Executives.
- Lead client meetings to provide progress updates and respond to queries and requests.
- Prepare for final director/ partner review and sign off.
Qualification, experience and skills
- Candidate should have a professional qualification such as BICA / CA / ACCA / CIMA / ICZA and minimum of 4 (four) years post qualification experience in Business Risk Services / ERM/ Internal Audit, either in a professional services firm or industry.
- Experience in IT Audit and / or Cybersecurity services as well as experience in using internal audit software such as BarnOwl, TeamMate, etc.
Competencies candidate must have
- Good knowledge on various financial modelling, valuation models and risk assessment processes.
- Analytical and interpretation skills of financial information.
- Investigative mind and ability to work in multidisciplinary team.
- Sound understanding of key business drivers and analysis of working capital for target companies.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, good presentation skills are essential requirements.