Specialism / Function
Advisory (Transactional advisory)
Two stage interview
- Take responsibility and ownership of transactional advisory assignments allocated from time to time including all aspects of planning, completion and fieldwork management.
- Ensure detailed work programmes are prepared for each assignment – along with key deadlines.
- Prepare due diligence reports including outlining analysis and findings, compilation of working papers, fieldwork reports and detailed reports in line with Grant Thornton International requirements and standards.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of clients’ business operations and strategic objectives and utilize such knowledge on engagement.
- Ensure that various internal procedures (quality control /risk management) stipulated by Grant Thornton International are complied with on all assignments and properly documented.
- Accurately record time spent, document reasons for time cost overruns and escalate to Partner / Director.
Qualification, experience and skills
- Candidate should have a professional qualification such as BICA / CA / ACCA / CFA / CIMA and a minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in Transaction Advisory or Business Consulting practice in a professional services environment. Candidates with a Master’s Degree together with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates with industry knowledge in Banking, Financial services and Insurance (BFSI).
Competencies candidate must have
- Good knowledge on various financial modelling, valuation models and risk assessment processes.
- Analytical and interpretation skills of financial information.
- Investigative mind and ability to work in multidisciplinary team.
- Sound understanding of key business drivers and analysis of working capital for target companies.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, good presentation skills are essential requirements.