Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
- Maintaining an expert knowledge on Audit and Assurance related services.
- Lead multiple teams on diverse client assignments simultaneously.
- Imparting on the job training to the audit team members and act as mentors for their growth.
- Review audit planning and set out audit objectives.
- Manage timely completion of the audit assignments.
- Review work performed by the team to determine compliance to the professional standards and where required consulting with a partner/ senior manager as necessary.
- Liaising with management of client and own audit team on daily basis and resolving operational issues and updating partners/managers.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks allocated with high quality of delivery.
- Advise clients on various technical matters relating to IFRS / IFRS for SMEs / other accounting issues.
- Assist / lead the training initiatives.
- The applicant, if selected, will be reporting to the Senior Manager / Partner.
Qualification and experience
Candidate should have a professional qualification like BICA / ACCA / CA / CIMA / ICZA with a minimum of 5-7 years audit and financial reporting experience with a reputable audit firm. Knowledge of data analysis tools IDEA and financial statement preparation tool, Caseware would be given weightage. Position will be offered based on the skills and experience of the candidate. This is a managerial position the candidate should have experience in leading a team.
Competencies candidate must have
Demonstrate in depth knowledge on IFRS and IFRS for SMEs and knowledge on International Standards on Auditing, demonstrate understanding of accounting and audit concepts, Knowledge of Botswana Taxation/VAT, excellent Analytical skills, good interpretation skills, excellent computer skills and most importantly people and project management skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must for the position.