Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of audit methodology, audit manual requirements and recommending improvements for greater robustness and efficiency of audit process.
- Perform and execute audit planning promptly, review various reports (such as planning memorandum etc) and submitting completed planning file for Manager / Partner approval on timely basis.
- Delegate and supervise the work of other members of the team which includes review and sign off their work papers ensuring the work performed in terms of the professional standards and firm policies.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, process and business objectives and utilise that knowledge.
- Assist/lead the training initiatives.
- Advising clients on various technical matters relating to IFRS and IFRS for SME’s.
Qualification and experience
Candidate should have a professional qualification like BICA / CA / ACCA / CIMA / ICZA and a minimum of 3-5 years’ post qualification experience in an audit field. Knowledge of data analysis tools including IDEA and financial statement preparation tool, Caseware would be given weightage. Position will be offered based on the skills and relevant experience of the candidate, Candidates with prior audit related work experience, especially with large audit firms may be considered for the position of Senior Executive and others who have prior experience either in CA firms or any accounting related work would be offered positions relevant to their experience.
Competencies candidate must have
Demonstrate excellent knowledge on IFRS / IFRS for SMEs, and International Standards on Auditing, must possess very good understanding of accounting and audit concepts, knowledge of Botswana taxation, analytical skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, interpretation skills. Candidates must have the ability to work in a team.