Our publications IFRS 16 - Prepare for lease accounting changes
The new IFRS 16: Leases standard has been issued by the IASB. The core principle of the new standard is that lessees should recognise all leases on their balance sheet.
Data analytics assessment report Data analytics assessment report
Data analytics assessment report
IFRS Navigating the changes to International Financial Reporting Standards (2023 edition)
The 2023 edition of the publication has been updated for changes to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) that were published between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2022.
Business Process Solutions Home
Thought Leadership Cloud based business process solutions
Cloud based business process solutions
Corporate Services Home
No deadline yet for ‘Compulsory Company Constitutions’ No deadline yet for ‘Compulsory Company Constitutions’
No deadline yet for ‘Compulsory Company Constitutions’
Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
- Maintaining an expert knowledge on Audit and Assurance related services.
- Lead the multiple teams on diverse client assignments simultaneously.
- Review the audit work of the managers and other work papers relating to high risk areas prepared by audit team members to ensure that the work is completed and documented appropriately.
- Imparting on the job training to the audit team members and act as mentors for their growth.
- Review the audit planning documentation to ensure that audit objectives and overall audit assignment scope is established to ensure efficiency as well as mitigating risk audit and where required consulting with a partner as necessary.
- Liasing with management of client and own audit team on daily basis and resolving operational issues and updating partners.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks allocated with high quality of delivery.
- Advise clients on various technical matters relating to IFRS / IFRS for SMEs / other accounting issues
- Assist / lead the training initiatives.
- Take lead in business development activities of the firm.
- The applicant, if selected, will be reporting partner in charge of Audit.
Qualification and experience
Candidate should have a professional qualification like BICA/ACCA/CA/CIMA/ICZA with a minimum of 7-10 years audit and financial reporting experience with a reputable audit firm. Knowledge of data analysis tools IDEA and financial statement preparation tool, Caseware would be given weightage.
Competencies candidate must have
Demonstrate in depth knowledge on IFRS and IFRS for SMEs, demonstrate excellent knowledge on International Standards on Auditing, demonstrate understanding of accounting concepts, knowledge of Botswana Taxation / VAT, excellent analytical skills, excellent communication skills, good interpretation skills, excellent computer skills.