Our publications IFRS 16 - Prepare for lease accounting changes
The new IFRS 16: Leases standard has been issued by the IASB. The core principle of the new standard is that lessees should recognise all leases on their balance sheet.
Data Analytics Risk management - Integration of data analytics into internal audit
Risk management - Integration of data analytics into internal audit
Business Process Solutions Home
Thought Leadership Cloud based business process solutions
Cloud based business process solutions
Corporate Services Home
No deadline yet for ‘Compulsory Company Constitutions’ No deadline yet for ‘Compulsory Company Constitutions’
No deadline yet for ‘Compulsory Company Constitutions’
Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
- Review the audit work of the managers and other work papers relating to high risk areas prepared by audit team members to ensure that the work is completed and documented appropriately.
- Maintaining an expert knowledge on Audit and Assurance related services.
- Lead the multiple teams on diverse client assignments simultaneously.
- Imparting on the job training to the audit team members and act as mentors for their growth.
- Review the audit planning documentation to ensure that audit objectives and overall audit assignment scope is established to ensure efficiency as well as mitigating audit risk and where required consulting with a partner as necessary.
- Liasing with management of client and own audit team on daily basis and resolving operational issues and updating partners;
- Ensure timely completion of tasks allocated with high quality of delivery.
- Advise clients on various technical matters relating to IFRS/IFRS for SME’s/other accounting issues.
- Assist/lead the training initiatives.
- Take lead in business development activities of the firm.
- The applicant, if selected, will be reporting to partner in charge of Audit.
- Comply with all International Standards on Quality Management (ISQM1) requirements of the firm.
Qualification and experience
Candidate should have a professional qualification like BICA/ACCA/CA/CIMA/ICZA with a minimum of 7-10 years audit and financial reporting experience with a reputable audit firm. Knowledge of data analysis tools IDEA and financial reporting tool.
Competencies candidate must have
Demonstrate in depth knowledge on IFRS and IFRS for SME's, Demonstrate excellent knowledge on International Standards on Auditing, Demonstrate understanding of accounting concepts, Knowledge of Botswana Taxation/VAT, Excellent Analytical skills, Excellent communication skills, Good interpretation skills, Excellent computer skills.