Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
- Ensuring the entire CS team is effectively and efficiently carrying out secretarial duties.
- Ensuring the compliance process is in place and ensuring the filing of necessary returns at CIPA.
- Reviewing all the documents prepared by the team to ensure they comply with the instructions received, Companies Act and procedures set forth internally.
- Providing strategic planning and advice senior management accordingly. To attend Board Meetings as Minute Secretaries for selected clients, attend to matters arising from the Minutes.
- Reviewing minutes prepared by team members and ensure the same is sent on a timely basis to the client and is of the required quality.
- Ensuring that departmental goals are aligned to firms’ goals and help team drive new initiatives.
- Providing growth assessment for teams.
- Have adequate knowledge in the area of corporate governance and board evaluation.
- Keeping up-to-date on all areas of Companies Act, Corporate Governance and related.
- Monitoring time spent by staff on each assignment and ensure profitability.
- Assisting Partners with preparation of proposals and engagement letters for each assignment.
- Managing department training - provide on-the-job training and counselling to trainees.
- Establishing good working relationships with colleagues and client.
- Proactively identifing clients' needs that can be satisfied from the firm's services and informs the seniors.
- Prioritising work, factoring in critical assessments and time demands. Identifying opportunities for charging overruns.
- Prioritising work, factoring in critical assessments and time demands.
- Understanding commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- The applicant will be reporting directly to the Partner in charge of Corporate Services.
Qualification and experience
The Candidate should have a professional qualification of a CA / CS and a minimum of 5 years experience in Company Secretarial / Corporate Governance or any related experience in a corporate environment dealing with client relations.
Competencies candidate must have
- Good knowledge in the area of Corporate Governance and Board evaluation, Corporate secretarial compliance as relating to new company registrations, annual compliance/amendment to company records.
- Sound communication skills and strong leadership capabilities and have interpersonal skills to be able to create a good rapport with the team and clients.
- Self-driven and a proactive thinker who is able to find solutions to work related matters.