Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
- Assisting team leader in fulfilling tax compliance assignments.
- Assist in overseeing quality and control of tax compliance work namely.
- Tax returns for companies, trusts and individuals, VAT returns for the companies and payment of VAT dues, Annual Withholding Tax Returns for companies.
- Ensure detailed work programmes are prepared for each assignment along with key deadlines and review the same to ensure that client expectations and overall assignment objectives are established in order to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Attend to Tax investigations/BURS audits, liaising with clients, partners and BURS.
- Actively involved in business development activities including preparations of proposals/RFPs.
- Supervise and mentor staff / trainees and be actively involved in their development.
- Maintain good working relationship with clients and respond to feedback from clients on own performance.
Qualification and experience
Candidate should have a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ post qualification experience in Taxation preferably in an accounting firm. Post graduate diploma in Taxation will be an added advantage.
Competencies candidate must have
Working knowledge of Botswana tax and VAT laws; knowledge of international tax practices and laws, excellent skills in interpretation of legislation & regulations are essential requirements. The candidates should also have excellent communication and presentation skills. Candidate should also have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display high level of people management and business skills, etc.