The travel, tourism and leisure industry is undergoing dramatic change: consumers are now calling the shots.
It’s down to the invention of new technologies and the sharing economy, which have given customers flexibility, control and new expectations. There’s also been a shift in the pattern of demand, as millennials become a force to be reckoned with and the emerging economies open up new markets.
It’s a complex environment. Fast-moving. And the industry is responding. It’s engaging more with customers and integrating technology into revised business models.
Just as airlines are reaching out to passengers on social media, so hotels are enhancing guest experience through digital check-ins and room customisation. Gaming companies are using analytics to identify preferences. And innovative businesses – restaurants, travel agencies, sports and entertainment venues – are working together to offer clients a seamless and personalised experience.
This shift to a consumer-led economy brings challenges and opportunities for the industry. We can help deliver your strategies for both.
Why Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton’s global network of industry specialists will help you navigate the changing business environment facing travel, tourism and leisure companies.
We draw on a deep sector knowledge and technical expertise, gained from years of advising travel, tourism and leisure businesses all over the world. Our understanding of both traditional and emerging markets will not only help you innovate and optimise. It will help you develop and expand into new areas as well.
We take a proactive and collaborative approach, working alongside you in order to understand your challenges, your growth ambitions and your commercial context. Our advice is tailored, responsive and agile.
So whether you are looking to scenario plan, manage costs, create flexible organisations or finance growth, we’ll dig deep to find a relevant, pragmatic solution that works for you.
Our teams provide services tailored to the industry, including working with you to:
- select the right hotel operator and or/brand for your business
- manage change programmes led by new market regulations
- provide procurement advice for supply chain optimisation
- undertake feasibility studies and business plans
- recommend air route structures for new markets expansion
- conduct a review of information technology systems
- develop marketing strategies, including channel and pricing strategy
- carry out operational re-structuring/business model optimisation
- navigate the prevailing gaming legislative and tax regulations in different countries.
To learn more about our travel, tourism and leisure services contact our industry leader.