Statutory audit and review, Public Interest Entity (PIE) audit, Financial institutions and Bank Audit, IT and cyber security audit, Single audit, Reporting accountants, Agreed upon procedures, IPSAS / USAID compliance, Reporting on controls at service organisations
At the heart of our approach is the belief that robust, independent audits identify the root causes of accounting issues and deliver tailored and effective recommendations.
At Grant Thornton we offer more than just auditing. With personalised attention and local market knowledge from partners and managers, we offer understanding and provide insights that help businesses succeed.
Clients will receive a high-quality audit of their financial statements from Grant Thornton. Designing an audit programme customized for the business, we will combine the collective skill and experience of our audit professionals to deliver an audit that is efficient.
We will also keep you informed of relevant changes in the accounting standards, not only with regular email updates but also with our personal approach to building relationships.
Our strengths are:
- Forefront in audit automation using global audit software
- International quality assurance and ethical policies
- High level partner and manager attention
- Registered auditor of Public Interest Entities (PIE)
- Approved bank auditor by Bank of Botswana (BOB)
- Approved auditor for USAID organizations
- Statutory audit and review
- Public Interest Entity (PIE) audit
- Financial institutions and Bank Audit
- IT and cyber security audit
- Single audit
- Reporting accountants
- Agreed upon procedures
- IPSAS / USAID compliance
- Reporting on controls at service organisations
Our tools include:
- LEAP – Grant Thornton’s global audit tool
- IDEA – Data extraction software
- Pentana – IFRS compliance verification software
Global audit quality
Grant Thornton views audit quality as an essential element of our business. The global network has tools, support and controls in place to ensure member firms consistently deliver high quality audits. These include:
- Strategic direction: an aligned global assurance strategy, ‘Leading with quality’, focused on delivering efficient high quality audits.
- Client acceptance and continuance: established processes and procedures to help ensure members firms only accept high-quality clients.
- Global audit methodology and technology: an audit methodology, Audit 360, caters to meet international standards as a minimum, and supporting state-of-the-art proprietary software, backed by a commitment to remain industry-leading through ongoing investments.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) support: full-time global IFRS team to provide member firms with training and guidance.
- Global audit quality monitoring: dedicated global monitoring team to review the audit quality of member firms on a regular basis.
- Global audit training: globally developed programmes, such as a three part online ISA proficiency series and face-to-face sessions on IFRS, audit methodology and independence to ensure member firms have consistent learning.
Global audit methodology and technology
Grant Thornton uses a global methodology, named Audit 360, which is fully compliant with International Standards on Auditing (ISA). This requires member firms to implement international standards as a minimum, and use an audit process supported by state-of-the-art technology.
Grant Thornton’s global audit methodology:
- provides a clear linkage to auditing standards using ISA-based terms
- applies an account-based approach to address the risk of material misstatement
- allows the tailoring of audit risk of each client’s profile
Grant Thornton’s global audit tool:
- offers flexibility and scalability to perform audits of all types and sizes
- puts global and local methodology guidance at auditors’ fingertips
- allows for rapid responses to regulatory changes
- enables auditors to perform higher quality audits more efficiently
- gives auditors the ability to provide clients with better insights
Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs)
Our ITGCs team ensures the reliability and integrity of the data and processes which will lead to efficiency of our clients’ systems and processes to operate within a well-controlled environment.
Our team will identify, evaluate and validate controls, report areas of improvement along with our recommendations.
- IT governance
- IT security
- Access controls
- database controls
- program maintenance
- program execution
- business continuity controls
Engagement with regulators and professional accountancy bodies
Grant Thornton maintains open and constructive relationships with regulators and supports effective, independent regulation of the audit profession. We actively show this though our contributions to the discussions on major industry issues and participation in changes affecting our business.
We maintain a good and professional relationship with the authorities and regulatory bodies such as the Botswana Accountancy Oversight Authority (BAOA) and Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA).
Apart from that, we liaise regularly with professional accountancy bodies such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), and Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) pertaining our training and development of our people