Statutory company secretarial compliance and consulting, Board secretarial, Corporate governance, Business consulting
Our team of well-qualified, experienced, responsive and dedicated professionals are committed to effectively performing and meeting statutory and internal deadlines. We provide holistic guidance and take you through the entire process of doing business in Botswana.
Statutory company secretarial compliance and consulting
Monitoring and drafting procedures that allow for compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements. The role of a company secretary is an important support function to the Board, which involves providing guidance to the directors regarding their duties and responsibilities to ensure compliance with legislation relevant to the company.
- Form and set up of various types of companies and assist with opening bank accounts.
- Carry out all the duties of company secretaries required for any company registered in Botswana.
- Maintain the registered office of the company, safekeep and update all statutory records of the company as required by the Companies Act.
- Advise the Chairman and the members of the board about their responsibilities and duties.
- Prepare annual returns of the company to be filed with the Company and Intellectual Property Authority (CIPA).
- Submit financial statements and annual reports of public and listed companies to CIPA.
- Process de-registration of companies before CIPA.
- Maintain the directors’ interest register and register of charges.
- Assist with procedural formalities for the amalgamation of two or more companies, reduction of stated capital, purchase of its own shares by a company, issue of shares of variable rights, conversion of companies, etc.
- Register trademarks and patents.
- Conduct a statutory due diligence based on specific request
Draft notice of agenda and other relevant documents related to general / board meetings, attend board meetings as minute secretaries, record and maintain minutes, and attend to matters arising from the minutes.
- Assist the board of directors to prepare or update board charters, and provide advice to the board regarding various matters as per the requirements of the board and committee charters, and in line with corporate governance practices
- Assist various Board and sub-committees to ensure compliance with the requirements of corporate governance as stipulated by the Companies Act and BSE rules and regulations.
- Conduct a board evaluation.
- King 3 / King 4 presentations.
- King 3 / King 4 gap analysis and compliance.
Compliance with regulatory requirements, obtaining relevant licenses, registration with local governing authorities, obtaining legal residential status for representatives of the company, and assisting companies to set up and do business in Botswana. Business consultancy is an important support function to a company’s management, providing guidance to the directors regarding the relevant Trade Act (manufacturing and trade licenses), Employment Act and other Labour Laws (work and residence permits) to ensure compliance with legislations relevant to the company, from initial set up of operations and at every stage of the organisation’s growth.
- Obtain work and residence permits for expatriate employees and self-employed directors. Provide guidance on type of relevant license and assist you to obtain the same.
- Assist with arranging health inspections, and compiling all the documentation and information to be submitted towards the license application.
- Attend licensing committee meeting on your behalf.
- Register your company with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPADB).