Our team of well-qualified, experienced, responsive and dedicated professionals are committed to effectively performing and meeting statutory and internal deadlines. We provide holistic guidance and take you through the entire process of doing business in Botswana. The Corporate Services division provides three lines of service.
Company secretarial services
Monitoring and drafting procedures that allow for compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements. The role of a company secretary is an important support function to the Board, whoch involved providing guidance to the directors regarding their duties and responsibilities to ensure compliance with legislation relevant to the company.
- Form and set up of various types of companies, societies and charitable organisations, and assist with opening bank accounts.
- Carry out all the duties of company secretaries required for any company registered in Botswana.
- Maintain the registered office of the company, safekeep and update all statutory records of the company as required by the Companies Act.
- Advise the Chairman and the members of the board about their responsibilities and duties.
- Assist the board of directors to prepare board charters, and provide advice to the board regarding various matters as per the requirements of the board and committee charters, and in line with corporate governance practices.
- Prepare annual returns of the company to be filed with the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- Assist various committees to ensure compliance with the requirements of corporate governance as stipulated by the Companies Act and BSE rules and regulations.
- Submit financial statements and annual reports of public and listed companies to the ROC.
- Process de-registration of companies before the ROC.
- Maintain the directors’ interest register and register of charges.
- Assist with procedural formalities for the amalgamation of two or more companies, reduction of stated capital, purchase of its own shares by a company, issue of shares of variable rights, conversion of companies, etc.
- Register trademarks and patents.
Draft notice of agenda and other relevant documents related to general / board meetings, attend board meetings as minute secretaries, record and maintain minutes, and attend to matters arising from the minutes.
Family business consulting
Board evaluation / corporate governance
- Board evaluation
- Trust / will
- Statutory due diligence
Business consulting services - Compliance with regulatory requirements, obtaining relevant licenses, registration with local governing authorities, obtaining legal residential status for representatives of the company, and assisting companies to set up and do business in Botswana. Business consultancy is an important support function to a company’s management, providing guidance to the directors regarding the relevant Trade Act (manufacturing and trade licenses), Employment Act and other Labour Laws (work and residence permits) to ensure compliance with legislations relevant to the company, from initial set up of operations and at every stage of the organisation’s growth.
- Obtain work and residence permits for expatriate employees and self-employed directors.
- Conduct regular due diligence to ensure compliance on labour related matters.
- Provide guidance on type of relevant license.
- Assist with identifying premises, arrange health inspections, obtain environmental impact assessment reports, and obtain exemption from the minister for waiver of regulations with regard to premises.
- Attend licensing committee meeting on your behalf.
- Assist in obtaining trade and manufacturing licenses, consultancy licenses.
- Register your company with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPADB).
Transfer secretarial services
Assist clients with listing on the Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE), using a sophisticated software which enables us to provide immediate assistance to various stakeholders in the industry to achieve commercial efficiency by making the best use of our resources. We also use advanced technology to aptly serve as bond / trustees / calculation agents to our clients.
- Assist with meeting prelisting requirements, attend working party meetings prior to listing, assist with preparation of draft share certificates, liaise with BSE regarding issues of physical certificates and subsequent demitting of the listed securities.
- Attend to queries from interested applicants, maintain the statutory documents for inspection and assist interested parties with the inspection of statutory documents.
- Receive subscription from shareholders, issue and allot shares, list on the BSE main board and venture capital, and subsequently demat listed securities - CSD.
- Maintain register for shareholders with respective ledger accounts for individual shareholders.
- Provide information to shareholders, stockbrokers, asset managers and BSE whenever required.
- Process and print monthly list of shareholders for the company, asset managers, stockbrokers and BSE.
- Print duplicate share certificates in accordance with prescribed procedures upon request.
- Process and distribute dividends.
- Maintain dividend accounts
- Execute any corporate action (payment of dividend, rights issue etc) so as to take into account the rights and obligations of shareholders who hold uncertificated securities in the CSDB as a consequence of a deposit, transfer, purchase, sale or withdrawal of uncertificated securities.