Specialism / Function
Two stage interview
· Maintain an exceptional understanding of audit methodology, audit manual requirements, and propose improvements to enhance the robustness and efficiency of the audit process.
- Take responsibility for managing a small client portfolio, fostering, and nurturing strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Oversee individual audit assignments or multiple assignments, including the assigned team, in accordance with agreed-upon standards and processes.
- Manage audit teams on specific assignments, with a specific line management role for a group of staff to ensure that audit work aligns with the necessary objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives, leveraging this knowledge in engagements and sharing insights with fellow team members.
- Lead larger assignments, including taking charge of all aspects of planning, completion, and fieldwork management.
- Actively participate in audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and develop suitable audit strategies, consulting with audit managers and partners as required.
- Lead team meetings, offering guidance and support to team members.
- Coordinate and oversee all phases of fieldwork and completion, including timely file and record reviews at regular intervals during the course of assignments to ensure the high quality of work performed by team members.
- Delegate various audit areas to other team members, with overall responsibility for reviewing and monitoring delegated work.
- Provide close supervision and guidance to team members and, when necessary, become involved in the performance of audit work in key risk areas to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Review and approve the work of other team members, including key audit areas handled by other staff members and office specialists (e.g., tax, advisory).
- Ensure that key issues arising during the audit, which were not identified during the planning stage, are properly assessed and addressed.
- Review financial statements alongside the pentane checker or a similar checklist to ensure the proper disclosure of information.
- Prepare draft reports for partner approval, including the audit report, management representation, and summaries of significant matters.
- Review and assist in preparing management letters, audit committee documents, and audit reports by incorporating issues from audit findings.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- IFRS diploma
- Information System auditor
- Fraud examiner
- Certified Internal Auditor | Previous experience working with clients in relevant industries to Grant Thornton audit clients.
- Experience in leading a team of 3 to 5.
- Experience with audit tools (e.g., IDEA, Caseware, etc.)
- Post-qualified experience with an audit firm for a minimum of 5 years.